I was reading a blog that I normally follow called “Life in Student Ministry” and came across a great post that I thought was worth repeating. It was talking about how Jesus might evaluate us as leaders in ministry. You can read the entire post here, but I will drop some of the great points that stood out to me.
- Does my behavior match my teaching (Matthew 23:2-3)?
- Do I lay heavy loads on my followers (Matthew 23:4)?
- Am I trying to impress people (Matthew 23:5-12)?
- Do I delight when my pupils surpass me (Matthew 23:13)?
- Am I molding people in my image or the image of Christ (Matthew 23:15)?
- Am I majoring in the minors (Matthew 23:23)?
- Am I keeping up appearances to cover up sin (Matthew 23:25-28)?
- Do I consider myself superior to others (Matthew 23:30-36)?
This was a great devotion and reminder of how Jesus does the evaluation of a leader. Thanks, Tim Schmoyer.